Carol L. Huang MD
Dr. Carol L. Huang
Dr. Carol L. Huang is a board-certified dermatologist and a native New Yorker having grown up in Queens. She graduated from the Bronx High School of Science and received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Cornell University double majoring in Biology and Economics. She earned her medical degree, a M.D. with Distinction in Research from SUNY Stony Brook. Additionally, she pursued advanced training in a pigmented lesions fellowship at NYU.
Dr. Huang completed her internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Cincinnati Hospitals followed by specialty residency training in Dermatology at the University of Cincinnati Hospitals, including the VA and the top ten Children's Hospital of Cincinnati. She was named Chief Resident during her last year of training. She is Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology.
After her training, Dr. Huang returned to New York and held a position as Clinical Assistant Attending at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. She also had a faculty position as Clinical Instructor of Dermatology at Cornell University Medical Center. She is a voluntary, community faculty at Elmhurst Hospital Center and she currently holds academic appointments at Mount Sinai School of Medicine and SUNY Stony Brook, School of Medicine.
Beginning in high school and continuing through college and medical school, Dr. Huang conducted clinical research and participated in a variety of projects that have resulted in multiple publications. During her residency and as hospital faculty, Dr. Huang continued to contribute to the medical literature and has given oral presentations at national and regional meetings. She has also written chapters on Management of Melanoma and Dysplastic Nevi for current medical and surgical dermatology textbooks used worldwide for teaching and reference.
Awards and Honors received by Dr. Huang
- Dermatology Foundation Leader's Society 2006-2021
- Castle Connolly top docs 2019-2021
- World Congress of Dermatology Scholarship
- Cornell Regents Scholarship
- NY State Regents Scholarship
- Dean’s List, Cornell University
- Bronx County Medical Society Award
- Bard College Award of Scientific Writing
Publications by Dr. Huang
- Huang CL, Halpern AC. Management of patients with melanoma. In: Rigel DS, Bystryn JC, Dzubow LM, Friedman RJ, Marks R, Reintgen D, eds. Cancer of the Skin. Elsevier Science; 2005.
- Huang CL, Marghoob AA, Halpern AC. Management of patients with dysplastic nevi and melanoma. In: Robinson JK, Hanke CW, Siegel DM, Sengelmann RD, eds. Surgery of the Skin. Elsevier Science; 2005.
- Huang CL, Mutasim DF. Sarcoidosis mimicking lipodermatosclerosis. Cutis 2005;75:322-324.
- Huang CL, Marghoob AA, Halpern AC. Sentinel lymph node biopsy: To do or not to do. The Skin Cancer Foundation Journal 2003;21:113-115.
- Huang CL, Nordlund JJ, Boisy RE. Vitiligo: A Manifestation of Apoptosis. Am J Clin Dermatol 2002;3:301-308.
- Huang CL, Provost N, Marghoob AA, Kopf AW, Levin L, Bart RS. Laboratory test and imagingstudies in patients with cutaneous malignant melanomas. J Am Acad Dermatol 1998;39: 451-463.
- Sahin S, Levin L, Kopf AW, Rao BK, Triola M, Koenig K, Huang CL, Bart RS. Risk of melanoma in medium-sized congenital melanocytic nevi: A follow-up study. J Am Acad Dermatol 1998;39: 428-433.
- Feingold S, Huang CL, Kristal L, Kalish R, Clark RAF. Eczemas. Current Problems in Dermatology. March/April 1998;10: 41-92.
- DeDavid M, Orlow SJ, Provost N, Marghoob AA, Rao BK, Huang CL, Wasti Q, Kopf AW, Bart RS. Study of Large Congential Melanocytic Nevi (LCMN) and associated malignant melanoma: Review of cases in the NYU Registry and world literature. J Am Acad Dermatol 1997;36: 409-416.
- Huang CL, Wasti Q, Marghoob AA, Kopf AW, DeDavid M, Rao BK, Bart RS. Borders Irregularity: atypical moles versus melanoma. Eur J Dermatol 1996;6: 270-273.
- DeDavid M, Orlow SJ, Provost N, Marghoob AA, Rao BK, Watsi Q, Huang CL, Kopf AW, Bart RS. Neurocutaneous melanomas: clinical features of large congenital melanocytic nevi in patients with manifest central nervous system melanosis. J Am Acad Dermatol 1996;35: 529-538.
- Bussel JB, Berkowitz RL, Lynch L, Lesser ML, Paidas MJ, Huang CL, McFarland JG. Antenatal management of alloimmune thrombocytopenia with intravenous gammaglobulin: A randomized trial of the addition of low-dose steroid to IV gammaglobulin. Am J Obstet Gyncol 1996;174: 1414-1423.
- Huang CL. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: The possible use of LP-50 as a marker for CNS manifestations of SLE. J Bio 1990;78: 19-25.
Presentations by Dr. Huang
“Sarcoidosis Mimicking Lipodermatosclerosis”
60th Annual Meeting, American Academy of Dermatology
February 2002, New Orleans, LA
“Update on Classification and Management of Melanoma”
December 2002, Grand Rounds, University of Cincinnati
“A Case of Bullous SLE with Milia Formation”
59th Annual Meeting, American Academy of Dermatology
March 2001, Washington D.C.
“Cutaneous Manifestations of Thyroid Disease”
May 2001, Grand Rounds, University of Cincinnati
“Use of Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine in Dermatology”
October 2000, Grand Rounds, University of Cincinnati
“Vaccine Therapy in Melanoma”
June 2000, Grand Rounds, University of Cincinnati
“Pathogenesis of Atopic Dermatitis”
December 1999, Grand Rounds, University of Cincinnati