What is Juvederm Vollure XC?
Juvederm Vollure XC is an FDA-approved hyaluronic acid (HA) filler that we use for correcting moderate to severe nasolabial folds (also referred to as smile lines or parenthesis lines) around the mouth.
Benefits of Juvederm Vollure XC
Juvederm Vollure XC is one of the many dermal fillers in the Juvederm family of fillers. The highest selling and most popular group of dermal fillers on the market today! Use of Vollure can help those with moderate to severe wrinkles get the smooth, youthful contours they’ve always wanted, without many of the other issues associated with other dermal fillers. Some benefits are:
- Longer lasting: Sessions of Juvederm Vollure XC can last upwards of 18 months whereas traditional facial fillers need reapplication after only 4-6 months.
- Pain-Free: Vollure comes pre-mixed with lidocaine, making your treatments much more comfortable.
- Hyaluronic Acid base treats depressions in the face with a naturally occurring, collagen-boosting compound. No artificial filler.
- Designed specifically to treat the lines around the mouth, known as parenthesis lines or smile lines.
- No downtime! Resume daily activities minutes after the procedure.
- Fast procedure. Only takes about 10 minutes to complete an entire series of injections.
- Restores softer, smoother, younger-looking skin.
- Perfect for men or women of any age.
- Results appear natural, and don’t leave patient’s expression-less.
Am I a good candidate for Juvederm Vollure XC?
Dr. Swift will judge your candidacy during your consult to be sure. After careful examination of the skin he will determine which facial filler is right for you. Generally good candidates are not pregnant or nursing, in good overall health, and seeking non-surgical wrinkle correction.
For Juvederm Vollure XC, the best candidates are those with parenthesis lines or other wrinkles around the mouth. Juvederm Vollure XC can also be good for those looking to further define their lip lines.
Preparing for Juvederm Vollure XC
There is no special preparation required. Although we do recommend patients don’t overindulge in alcohol a few hours before and after the procedure, as it will have an effect on the blood’s ability to clot causing small bruises or marks (generally disappear within a day or two.
How is Juvederm Vollure XC administered?
Is it injected into the treatment site using a fine gauge needle. Multiple injections are generally done in the course of treatment, but they are quick and painless.
What is Vollure treatment like?
The injections will take about 10 minutes, depending on how many areas are being treated. After the injections, Dr. Swift will gently massage the treated areas, manually adjusting the filler’s placement by hand. Finally, we will review the results with you to make sure you are happy with the outcome. The lidocaine makes it fairly pain-free, most patients liken the feeling to a pinch or the snap of a rubber band.
Side Effects or Downtime
There are rarely any serious side effects to Vollure treatment. However, mild swelling, redness and/or bruising may occur. Fortunately, they can be covered with makeup & should resolve on their own within a few hours or days. There is very little downtime expected with Vollure and you can resume your daily activities immediately.
The Results. How long will they last?
The results of Vollure are instant and you will see your rejuvenated skin immediately after the procedure. It will correct and fill the facial depressions, wrinkles, and fine lines in the treatment sites. Leaving you with smooth, wrinkle-free skin.
Vollure is one of the longest lasting facial fillers on the market today. Generally, its results last upwards of 18-months, with a slight variation patient-to-patient. Touch-ups may be required judging by your specific results.